In the Village of Nottingham
The story of The Nottingham School began in the year 1892 in the tiny lakeside village of Nottingham just east of Cleveland, Ohio. The school was founded to educate the children of the congregation of the Lutheran Church of St. John in Christ’s teachings. That village today is now a part of Cleveland’s Collinwood neighborhood, and the Church of St. John’s school continues to be devoted to educating the children of the community and to supporting the success of their families.
Today, The Nottingham School continues to embrace the Lutheran tradition that sees each person as a child of God, values inclusion and belonging, and seeks to educate for lives of meaningful service.